Friday, September 25, 2015

Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Body Lotion & Why I'll Never Wear Aftersun Again




There's something so special about the smell of holidays. You know the one. Whether it's the scent of sun cream mixed with sea air, that heady waft that hits you as you step out of the airport, or drops of vanilla on your skin from hastily licked melting ice cream. The body products we pack in our suitcases can also remind us of holidays: one of mine is Hawaiian Tropic's tanning oil (yes I'm insane) and lazy days by the pool in Tenerife.

I'm a long time fan of Palmer's products- namely their Cocoa Butter Formula body lotion. Being made from mostly natural, and sustainable ingredients and also due to the fact they're cruelty free. So when I saw their new Coconut Oil Body Lotion in Boots (priced at €5.49), I knew it was coming to Portugal with me.



Aftersun Schmastersun
I decided to ditch the aftersun and just use this instead, as all aftersun does is rehydrate skin.
First off the smell is divine. Coconuts and almonds mix together to make a nutty heaven. The scent is also lasting, and I still could smell it (though faintly) after 12 hours.
It's thick, but super easy to apply, and a little does go quite a long way. I found it to absorb quickly, and by the time I applied my hair heat protecting spray I was able to get dressed without everything sticking to me. 
I'm one of those unfortunate people to suffer from dry skin. As I knew I'd be in the sun most of the day, I needed something that would keep my skin really hydrated, and also relieve any redness from sun exposure. Fantastically, this lotion does exactly that. I had some redness on my back and shoulders one evening after my parents abandoned me all day to go to the beach. After two applications of this all traces of red had completely disappeared. I've come home with tanned, healthy looking smooth skin.


The Science Bit
It's made from 100% sustainably sourced coconuts, Tahitian Monoï Oil, and infused with Tiaré flower petals. (Monoï is pronounced mah-noy and it's an infused perfume oil made from soaking Tahitian gardenias, or Tiaré flowers in coconut oil, doncha know). There's also a heap of naturally occurring fatty acids and proteins that helps keep skin plump and looking moisturised. There's also vitamin E oil, which is a great antioxidant, hydrator, anti-inflammatory, and helps protect skin against cell mutation in the sun. 
Sure what more could you want?

I honestly found this to be a brilliant product, and really loved using it.I've been home for a couple of days and am still applying it every night, and plan on repurchasing when this bottle runs out.
So what are your favorite holiday smells? Let me know in the comments below, as I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. Ive been obsessed with coconut oil these days! So good even for oily skin! X

    Formal dress up fun over on-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete